Wednesday 1 July 2015

THE MYSTERY OF MY LEFT HAND

Living with Cerebral Palsy hasn't been that
easy for the last 19 years
I've lived in this earth. It has been with many
difficult hurdles but
I managed to conquer them and I'm proud
to have Cerebral Palsy.

My left hand brought me many bad
experiences never-the-less it is the
best part of my body. This hand is not very
stable therefore I use my
right hand to most of the things. The left
hand has the most spastic
movements. Spastism means uncontrollable,
due to that I found it
difficult to my left hand.
To avoid any messes that it can cause, I
always lock it under my right leg.

In the past, I did many mistakes
superfluously and I took
responsibility for it. One day in primary
school, a teacher was going
round and marking our assignments. I
called her to mark my book and
she told me to wait she mark other books
and she will come to mark
mine, so I understood and didn't have any
grudge against her.

It happened that I hadn't locked the left
hand and she passed near me
going to mark other students' work.
Accidentally, I hit her and the
students started saying the reason I did hit
her is because she
ignored me, which wasn't the case. I was
taken to the staffroom to
explain why I hit a teacher, I told them what
caused the incident and
fortunately they understood my condition.

Sometimes the hand might dislocate from its
joint and become very
stiff which causes pain. When the
dislocation occurs, it makes my
whole body to shake. Unless someone
makes it to return to its normal
state, I will never be calm. At times, it can be
so embarrassing
especially when one is in a meeting and he/
she starts to shake.?

Fortunately I accepted myself and learnt to
live with it.
That has been a mystery for many people
up-to-date. Some say the
reason why I shake is either I'm angry,
suspecting myself or even
cursed! I remember one day in rural home,
we were having a family
meeting. Unfortunately the hand dislocated
and started to shake.

People asked me what was the matter and I
told them "I'm not okay but
I will calm down". My uncle opted to take me to the hospital thinking
I was sick. The doctors said I was okay but
they gave me dosage of
fever!

There was a time I was thinking to cut my
left hand to avoid shame.
But something inside me told me "that hand
is what makes you different
from others". Since then I began loving my
hand.
That's why I wrote this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.